Friday, November 07, 2008

Green Brekky!



I visited my friend, Peter, to discuss making a recycled shop display. He lives next door to the Botanical Gardens in Wellington and has built himself a small cottage in the bush. As soon as I arrived he asked if I'd had breakfast (I hadn't) and asked me if I would like a green breakfast.

Nowadays 'green' can mean anything - eco-consumer, Green supporter, wind farm proponent, composting toilet enthusiast! But what Peter meant was a 'colour green from the garden' breakfast. Not green eggs and ham!

We walked through his lush veggie garden picking grass, carrot tops, celery, nasturtium flowers, lettuce, kawakawa leaves, and a few greens we weren't sure about! We washed it all, cut it and popped it in a big bowl with organic fruit and a sprinkling of oats.

YUM - that's what GREEN really means.

P.S. that's a photo of me, Jet, Bradley, and Daniel up in the tropical highlands above the Gold Coast, Australia.

No comments: